- A willow.
- Any tree that looks like a willow.
- An object made from the above trees' wood.
- A sortie of troops from a besieged place against an enemy.
- A sudden rushing forth.
- (figuratively) A witty statement or quip, usually at the expense of one's interlocutor.
- An excursion or side trip.
- A tufted woollen part of a bellrope, used to provide grip when ringing a bell.
- (New Zealand, slang) A member of the Salvation Army.
- (intransitive) To make a sudden attack on an enemy from a defended position.
- (intransitive) To set out on an excursion; venture; depart (often followed by "forth.").
- (intransitive) To venture off the beaten path.
- She opened the book to page 37 and began to read aloud.
- He was frustrated because he couldn't find anything about dinosaurs in the book.